Corporate Social Engagements
Individuals help us make a difference.
Volunteers are essential to the success of Fannie Battle. Whether time is invested through direct engagement, on-site service days, or off-site donation drives – the impact on the lives of children and families served is equally important and meaningful.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, be willing to get fingerprinted, commit to at least one time a week or five times per month for three months, and attend a tour and orientation before they begin.
- 9a to 5p with a minimum of 1 hour, Monday through Friday.
- Interact with children, tummy-time and read.
Classroom Helper (Toddlers, 2s, and preschool)
- 9a – 11a or 3:30p – 5:30p, Monday through Friday with a minimum of 1 hour
- Reading, center-play, assist teachers with lessons and more.
Homework Helper (School age)
- 3:30 – 5:30p, Monday through Friday, with a minimum of 1 hour September through May.
- Help children with homework – ages 5 years to 12 years.
- 9a – 5p, Monday through Friday, with a minimum of 1 hour June through August.
- Center-play, assist teachers with lessons, read, attend enrichment field-trips and more.
Tour + Orientation
Individual volunteers are required to complete a tour and orientation prior to joining our children and teachers. It takes about 30 minutes.
– Age 13+, under 18 need permission form signed by guardian
-Up to 15 total max number of in-classroom volunteers during school-year
-Up to 19 total max number of in-classroom volunteers in summer
-Up to 25 total max number of volunteers for other types of service days
- Engage with our classrooms through play, reading,
- On-site work-day/service projects, such as cleaning, painting, gardening and such.
- Organize drives (food, books, school supplies, basic needs items)
- Gather a group to carol (December 1-24th) for Caroling for Kids
Volunteer Application Form
Become a part of our organization
Our sole purpose is Aiding, anything & anyone who needs help.